It’s unlikely that an amazing life just happens by chance. It’s necessary to spend your time, energy, and focus in an intentional manner. Too many distractions, less important goals, and a shortage of resources can get in the way of living an amazing life. The lack of a clear objective is the greatest obstacle. These are challenges that can be solved with a little effort.
Create an amazing life that’s meaningful and exciting to you:
1. Remove what isn’t necessary. Too many responsibilities and distractions are obstacles to an amazing life. Get rid of anything that takes up time or space and doesn’t provide a worthwhile return. It should be important to you if you choose to include it in your life.
2. Decide on your priorities. You might not be able to walk on Mars, climb Everest, become a movie director, and be chief of neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins, although if any of those are your goals you should let nothing stand in your way of going after them! However, you can accomplish some pretty amazing things over the course of a lifetime.
3. Stock up on the necessities. Creating an amazing life requires courage. The more your risk, the more courage you require. But imagine if you had plenty of money, time, energy, and support. You’d need much less courage to chase after that amazing life. Fear will have much less influence over your life. Start building reserves in the key areas of your life.
4. Remove the distractions from your life. It might be Netflix, Facebook, the casual friend you’ve been half-heartedly carrying around for 7 years, or the goals that only interest you moderately.
5. Deal with negative thoughts. Big goals and ideas stir up negative thoughts and emotions. Failing to deal with these can cause big challenges down the road. Be committed to expecting the best, finding solutions, and staying positive. Negativity takes the wind out of your sails and fuels procrastination.
6. Spend your time wisely. There are multiple ways to accomplish any task. Avoid taking the easy path. The easy way is often the long way. Life is short, so choose the shortest path to your amazing life. This is often the most uncomfortable path, but you can handle it.
7. Get started. The first step is often the hardest. You have everything you need to take a meaningful first step. Avoid waiting for some future event to occur. You can do it today, even if you have kids, a limited income, or limited knowledge. Just get started.
8. It’s not that difficult. There’s really much less competition in the world than you think. Look at how much time the average person wastes at work and at home. Most people fail to prioritize their time. Most people don’t have goals. Most people have too many distractions.
Is your life less than amazing? It doesn’t have to be. Setting priorities and removing distractions are the keys to creating an amazing life. Use your time wisely. There’s still time to live the life you’ve always dreamed of, but it’s important to get started today.
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.